Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Artist Way and the Smack Blogs

I am currently reading The Artist Way by Julia Cameron for my book club and when I came to this part...I had an A HA moment and had to share it with y'all

This chapter with criticism "The most severe criticism when it fairly hits the mark is apt to be greeted an internal Ah-hah! if it shows the artist a new and valid path for work. The criticism that damages is that which disparages, dismisses, ridicules (can i tell you how i HATE the word FUGLY), or condemns. It is frequently vicious but vague and difficult to refute. This is the criticism that damages."

Those blogs are FULL Of this type of criticism. I have never been mentioned personally but it pains me when I see designers who obviously work hard on their creations savaged as if by ravening wolves.....

All criticism is not bad....but the source and timing are CRUCIAL...

0 comments: